Social Justice Team
CANDLELIGHT PRAYER SERVICE - Thursday, November 21 at 7:30 p.m. in the St. Rose Church
We invite our entire community to gather and offer prayers for the most vulnerable in our neighborhoods - those struggling with food insecurity, experienceing homelessness, victims of abuse, those impacted by racism and all forms of injustice, the marginalized and forgotten.
Your prayers are powerful! Come unite with fellow parishioners, friends and neighbors to uplift those that are in need, and those in our community working to meet their needs. Bring hope and light to their darkness through our communal prayer.
This ministry is an outgrowth of the “Year of Encounter with Pope Francis” program that invited parishioners to engage in a series of reflection sessions on Pope Francis’ teaching in “The Joy of the Gospel” about poverty and those who are marginalized or de-valued by society, and how our Catholic faith calls us to encounter them and take action to positively change our world. The team's work focuses on serving and advocating for the hungry and homeless in our community.
NEXT TEAM MEETING: Tuesday, October 29, at 7:30 p.m. in the Splendor of Truth Room. All are welcome!
CHOC - Coordinated Homeless Outreach Center
Holiday Dinner at CHOC on Monday, December 9.
There are ways you can be part of this meaningful outreach:
- Help prepare a delicious home-cooked dinner for the men and women residing at the CHOC homeless shelter
- Donate beverages or a home-made dessert
- Make a financial donation to cover the cost of food
- Donate men's or women's NEW underwear, socks, feminine products or toiletries.
To volunteer your time or resources, contact Jane Selner
St. Rose parishioners undertake a variety of events throughout the year to serve the 50+ adult men and women residing at this emergency housing shelter. Activities include home-cooked dinners for the residents, movie nights, annual sock & underwear drive, new towel donations and more.
To volunteer your time or resources, contact Dave Vossen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the parish office at 215-699-4617.
Inter-Faith Housing Alliance
SUMMER BUDDY CONGREGATION
THANK YOU to the 74 St. Rose volunteers and many others that supported the summer 2019 Inter-Faith Hospitality Network Buddy Congregation Initiative!
Inter-Faith Housing Alliance - For 6 weeks each summer, St. Rose partners with I-FHA to help shelter, provide a daily dinner meal and transportation for three families that are homeless. Other outreach activities include: providing home-cooked dinners for the families living at Hope Gardens, collecting personal care and other household items needed by families moving from emergency shelter into their own homes, and conducting donation drives for bedding, food and other resources needed by those moving from homelessness to independence.
Legion of Mary Brother House
- The 2nd & 4th Thursday each month, St. Rose parish men visit the Brother House in Norristown (6:15-10 pm) to deliver donated snack items and spend time visiting with homeless adult men who come to the Brother House for a time of respite and refreshment. Adult male parishioners are invited to help as visitors. Everyone can be part of this outreach by donating snacks (fruit, fresh-made sandwiches, snack bars and trail mix for 30-40 persons are needed each month.) To donate snacks or join our team of visitors, contact the Parish office at email@example.com or 215-699-4617.
All that are interested in helping are invited to learn more by contacting team leaders Dave Vossen at firstname.lastname@example.org and Mary Reilly at email@example.com