The Catholic Youth Organization (CYO) provides spiritual, athletic and social activities for the young people of our parish. Adults coach, encourage and support our youth. Dedicated youth representatives and adult advisors share ideas and plan upcoming events at monthly board meetings. CYO also offers community service projects and social opportunities for our parish youth. With the help of parents and other parish volunteers, our youth find fellowship and fun among their peers. Contact Bob Romano for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-485-7098.
CYO Sports is one component of a parish’s comprehensive youth ministry program which enables the partnership of parents, coaches, priests, religious, teachers, and adult leaders to manage and support a sports program that allows youth to grow in their relationship with God and come to better understand themselves and the Catholic faith.
Such a program:
- Employs healthy and enjoyable competition to promote the sharing of gospel values among athletes, parents, and coaches
- Assists parish leadership in nourishing the emotional, spiritual, social and physical needs of young people
- Encourages young people to appreciate the gifts that they possess, and challenges them to share these gifts with their community
- Allows youth to witness the life of Christian discipleship in their coaches and adult leaders
- Encourages youth to become responsible members of their faith community