THANKSGIVING DAY MASS - November 26 at 9:00 a.m.
Join us as we offer thanks to Our Heavenly Father for His abundant blessings. View Thanksgiving Day Mass online HERE
ADVENT CONCERT - The Fairmount Brass - Sunday, November 29 at 4:00 PM in the St. Rose Church
Join us for this annual tradition and enjoy beautiful sounds of the season as we welcome the famous Fairmount Brass Quartet for a wonderful Advent concert.
PRAY FOR LIFE - November 2020
November is National Adoption Month. Join in Prayer for Mothers
2-Day RED CROSS Blood Drive December 9 (2-7pm) & December 10 (11am-4pm)
The critical need for blood donations continues. Please consider making an appointment to give blood at the next St. Rose blood drive. Visit www.redcrossblood.org and enter sponsor code "StRoseofLima" or call the Parish office at 215-699-4617.
NOURISH for CAREGIVERS - Monthly Meeting Wednesday, December 16 at 1:30 PM
Monthly gatherings provide family caregivers with practical and emotional supports, shared experiences and useful tools to navigate caregiving, all with a Christ-centered view. We invite you to attend virtually via Zoom from the comfort of your own home. To get the Zoom meeting login information, contact Amy Juarez at firstname.lastname@example.org or 267-663-5399
December Topic: More in Music; Where Words Fail, Music Speak
SUNDAY MASS Live-Stream
Great news! St. Rose of Lima Parish has resumed public Masses. We at St. Rose of Lima look forward to welcoming you back! Let us keep our eyes fixed on Jesus as we make our way back to the in-person celebration of the Mass.
While our county is in the Green Phase of statewide reopening, all of us need to do our part to make sure that our return to Mass is a peaceful and safe experience for all. Please take the time to read the instructions below. We ask everyone to follow these guidelines when attending Mass during this period:
- The obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and holy days of obligation continues to be lifted during the Green Phase. You are not required to attend Mass at this time.
- Please stay home if you are sick.
- Please stay home if you are at higher risk of severe illness with COVID19. If you are uncertain about your risk status, please consult your doctor and the CDC Guidelines at the link below. Click here to read the CDC Guidelines for those at higher risk: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/people-at-higher-risk.html
- Mass celebrated at St. Rose of Lima Church will continue to be available via live-stream on Sundays at 9:30 AM at: St. Rose of Lima YouTube channel.
MASS and CONFESSION SCHEDULE
Sunday Masses will be on:
- Saturday – 5:00 PM
- Sunday – 8:00 AM, 9:30 AM and 11:30 AM
Daily Mass Monday through Saturday at 8:30 AM
Confessions will be at 4:00 PM on Saturdays. Before entering the Church for confession, please put on a face covering. Please ensure proper social distancing by placing at least 6 feet between yourself and others. NOTE! During Advent, Confessions will also be available on Sundays after 9:30 a.m. Mass until 11:10 a.m.
BEFORE COMING TO MASS
- Please wash your hands for 20 seconds using soap and water.
- Before entering the Church, please put on a face mask or cloth covering. Exceptions to this are “children younger than 2 years old, anyone who has trouble breathing or is unconscious, and anyone who is incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the cloth face covering without assistance” (CDC Guidelines).
- Please do not come to Mass if you are sick or are at higher risk for severe illness with COVID19 (see above).
- Missalettes will not be in the pews during this period. You are welcome to bring your own missal/readings with you.
ENTERING THE CHURCH
- Until further notice we will only be using the Main Entrance (Main Street) of the Church for entrance and egress.
- Hand sanitizers will be available at the Church entrances. Please use the hand sanitizer upon entering and exiting the Church.
- When taking your seat, please honor all indicated available pews about where you may sit. Every other pew, or every third pew will be open to ensure proper social distancing.
- Members of the same household may sit together as normal. Please place 6 feet between your household and members of a different household.
- Ushers will be present to assist people with seating.
- In general, liturgical singing is to be kept to a minimum during this period. The Entrance, Responsorial Psalm, Verse Before the Gospel, Holy, Mystery of Faith, Amen, and Communion will be sung. Instrumental music will be used for preludes and postludes, for the Offertory and the Recessional.
- Offertory Baskets will be located on each side of the Center Aisle at the break (middle of church), and on each side of the Center Aisle behind the rear pew. Kindly place your offering in a basket when entering or leaving church.
- There will be no Sign of Peace during Mass until further notice.
- The Precious Blood will not be distributed during Mass until further notice.
- There should be no holding of hands during the Our Father.
RECEPTION OF HOLY COMMUNION
- We will continue to use the Center Aisle for Communion, with stations as in the past.
- There will be one, single file Communion line in the middle of the aisle.
- Please maintain social distancing in the Communion line. Please keep several pews between yourself and the person in front of you while in line and when returning to your pew.
- During the Green Phase, the faithful are asked to receive Holy Communion in the hand.
- Please remove your face covering before receiving Holy Communion and replace it immediately afterward.
EXITING THE CHURCH
- At the conclusion of Mass, please exit the Church and proceed directly to your car. Please do not congregate for any reason.
- When available from our publisher, please take a parish bulletin home with you as you exit Mass.
- Please leave your face covering on until you exit the Church.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
St. Rose of Lima will follow the guidelines from the CDC for sanitation as we resume public Masses.
- To view the CDC guidelines, visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/faith-based.html
- All metal surfaces (Door Handles, etc.) and bathrooms will be sanitized after each Mass
Please know that we are as anxious to have you back with us as you are to be back together as community,
Yours, in the Love of Jesus Christ,
SUNDAY MASS Live Stream - Sundays at 9:30 AM
Sunday Mass celebrated at St. Rose of Lima Church may be viewed on the St. Rose of Lima YouTube channel. The dispensation from attending Mass on Sundays and Holydays of Obligation is still in effect. So if you are uncomfortable with returning to Mass for any reason, you are not obligated to attend. We will continue to livestream the Sunday Mass celebrated at St. Rose of Lima Church at 9:30 AM for the benefit of those who are at higher risk of severe illness or just not ready to return. Your safety and well-being is our priority. Please remember to subscribe to the St. Rose YouTube channel!
SUNDAY MASS DISPENSATION
A message from Archbishop Pérez: Effective immediately, and until further notice, in union with the Bishops of Pennsylvania, I have dispensed the faithful of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass.
+Nelson J. Pérez
Archbishop of Philadelphia
How to make an Act of Spiritual Communion:
- Make the Sign of the Cross
- If possible, read the Mass Readings Daily Mass Readings: http://usccb.org/bible/
- Recite the Prayer of Spiritual Communion – My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen.
For the latest information on returning to public Mass and resuming in person parish activities, visit http://archphila.org/arise/
- The parish office is open! Office hours are Monday-Thursday from 8:30am-4:30pm and Friday from 8:30am-3:30pm.
- Communion calls to hospitals, nursing homes, and the home bound are suspended until further notice. However, priests will be available to celebrate the Sacraments for those in immediate danger of death.
- Baptisms, Marriages, and Funerals will take place as usual but with due regard for the limitation of participants and reasonable social distancing.
- Ministry meetings and activities are resuming. Please check the bulletin, contact the ministry leader, or contact the parish office to check on specific event schedules.
- Please continue to tithe. Consider transitioning to online giving via ParishGiving Thank you for your generosity!
You may also make a one time donation to support St. Rose of Lima Parish by clicking HERE
- Nourish for Caregivers - 11:00 am and 9:00 pm "House Calls" on Tuesdays & Thursdays - conference calls providing spiritual, emotional and practical support for caregivers at this challenging time. Using a computer/tablet go to: https://page.co/j05Km Click HERE for details.
- Do you need assistance during this difficult time? Call the parish office at 215-699-4617.
Feed the Need NOW!
As a caring faith community, this program offers parishioners a way to donate food and other needed personal care items to feed those that are struggling with food insecurity in our community. Since we started this campaign in mid-April, we have received an astounding 26,000 servings of donated food.
The St. Rose parish food collection program welcomes your donations of food, home cleaning/sanitizing and paper products for local food cupboards, and Care Bags for the homeless. Donations can be placed in the bin in the Church vestibule or the bin outside the Parish Center doors. Please give generously to those most in need. Financial and food donations may be made directly to local food pantries. Click HERE for information on making a monetary donation directly to local food cupboards.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
- Each week, when you shop for your family, purchase one extra non-perishable food item to FEED those in need.
- Bring food donations to the collection bins outside the Parish Center doors
- Encourage others to participate! St. Rose coordinates with a number of food pantries and homeless shelters in providing needed food and household items for their clients. Right now, these agencies are in dire straits. Consider organizing a food drive to collect donations from your neighbors, friends, family, co-workers. Have the items dropped off to your front door, then bring them to the St. Rose Parish Center collection bins when convenient.
All non-perishable food is appreciated. Items most needed:
- Canned proteins (chicken, salmon, sardines, beef stew, SPAM and tuna)
- Peanut Butter & Jelly
- Cereal & Oatmeal
- Canned and dried Fruits, Applesauce and Fruit cups
- Canned Vegetables, Soups and Broth (Beef, Chicken, Vegetable)
- Whole Grain Pasta, Beans (canned or dried), Rice
- Pasta Sauce and ready-to-eat shelf stable meals
- Condiments, oil, Baking supplies (sugar, flour)
- Household Cleaning/Sanitizing products
- Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues, napkins)
For more information click HERE